1) Miriam and I spent a week in Owatonna to relax and prepare for a garage sale.
2) Matt and I spent a day in the cities shopping for things for our house. We came home with two ceiling fans... I was hoping to try and find at least something more.
3) We met up with Sam & Marlea while in the cities. It was wonderful catching up with them!
4) Miriam has officially probably quadrupled her vocabulary in the last few months. I often have no idea where she picked up many of the things she says. In the last few days, she's also been filling in words of songs I sing to her often with whatever comes next. She's so smart! :)
5) We've been on many walks and many adventures to parks. Miriam loves parks... well, she actually seems to enjoy just being at a park more than actually playing on the equipment. Either way, she loves it.
6) I've started a new Mom's Bible study at church... we're going through "The Power of a Positive Mom." It's great!
7) I packed my first three boxes for moving today. Some would say I should probably be a little farther than that by now... but oh well. I packed up an entire house pretty much on my own in one week with a 4 month old last time.
8) I've started a new hobby... crocheting rugs! It's a lot of fun! I re-picked up crocheting in the last month thanks to my sister-in-law (who also has a wonderful collection of boutique items for sale here), but then she also suggested making rag rugs. I am using old clothes and am currently attempting a massive rug for Miriam's room at our new house. If all goes well, this could save us the price of a new area rug!
9) Matt's mom has come to visit us... she's been here off and on throughout this week. We enjoy having her and Miriam sure enjoys her time with her.
10) Matt has joined softball and had his first game last night. The church formed a team together and they'll be playing throughout the summer. We look forward to living within blocks of the fields so that we can catch parts of some of the games!
11) Garage sales! The season has officially begun and I am more than thrilled... I probably go to way too many of them, but you never know what you can find! So far we've come away with everything from a set of Fiesta dishes to a kitchen sink!
Well, that's about all I can think of right now... even though I'm sure there's more we've been up to. I'll get some pictures up soon, too. We still haven't gotten any of the house yet -that may have to wait until we close (next Friday!). Until next time...
1 comment:
Have a great house closing!!! I love to garage sale too - we'll have to do it together some time. I was thinking about doing that study too - the "busy" life has caught up with us too. Fiesta dishes - awesome - obviously I am a big fan since that is what we have!!!
Post a Comment