Wednesday, April 17, 2013
while they were sleeping
One of the biggest privileges and responsibilities of being a mom (or a dad or grandparent, for that matter!), I think, is to pray for my children. What a blessing that we can offer our children to the Lord in prayer! However, sometimes as the busyness of life gets away from me...I find myself offering quick prayers for our kids that seem like it's just a routine or the same thing all the time. I know the Lord still hears these prayers and answers them in His way, but I sometimes feel like I need more direction in what to specifically pray. So recently, I pulled out a book I received at a baby shower when I was pregnant with Miriam. I had read through it a few times after she was born, but I have found it so helpful in guiding my prayers with all three girls now. I would like to continue going through it over and over again as they get older. It is called While They Were Sleeping by Anne Arkins and Gary Harrell. The book takes you through 12 specific character traits to pray for your child or children. It uses Scripture followed by a few prayers specific to the character traits. It leaves blanks for you to put in the names of your kids as you pray. It also offers ideas to incorporate your kids into learning the character traits at various age levels. The specific traits are: kindness, humility, teachability, forgiveness, obedience, discernment, purity, responsibility, courage, servanthood and contentment. I highly recommend this book for new moms or grandparents or if anyone just wants more direction in praying for your children. It is fantastic.
Labels:
book review,
on faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment