It's hard to believe it's already the end of October! Where has this month gone? I think the trip right in the middle of the month made this month go by even faster than usual. We've certainly gotten right back into the swing of things here at home. Matt is busy at work with all that needs to be done to get ready for weekly services... plus, he has lots to plan for the upcoming holidays. I'm still tutoring a few days a week (only about 3.5 hours total), but I've also gotten the chance to sub a few days. I've enjoyed being able to get back and do just a little teaching. I've subbed only in the middle school so far, and I've actually rather enjoyed it! The kids are very good (for the most part) and it's always easier to teach the same lesson a few times a day... especially as a sub. Matt and I just try and coordinate schedules so that he can be home when I sub. Usually he has enough work to do while he's at home. Miriam is continuing to learn more all the time. She's just like a sponge -taking in everything she sees, hears and touches. She's attempting to say a few more words and often mimics what we are saying. Unfortunately, she's gotten a cold in this last week. Someone in my Bible study (a nurse) at church told me that when babies/toddlers are teething, they are very susceptible to colds because the gums in their mouths are open during that time. That would make sense to us, because we originally thought she was teething. Now, I think it's both. Plus, we'd welcome the sight of more than just her two teeth :) However, her almost-toothless smile at 14 months is still pretty adorable.
Here are a few of our most recent pictures (and some from our trip):
We didn't take many pictures on our trip at all, but we did manage to get some of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. We actually went out of our way just to catch a glimpse of it! Neither of us had been there and since we were somewhat close, we thought we should see it. It was pretty neat!
Miriam has really enjoyed climbing in her toy boxes lately. She can't really get out on her own, however, as you can see the somewhat concerned look on her face :)
1 comment:
Thank you for the pictures! They are great!
The arch looks grand, i'm glad that you were able to go and see it on your adventure....
Miriam looks gorgeous, as usual... but most importantly HAPPY!
You all are wonderful.
Glad that things, albeit busy, are going well!
Post a Comment