Our one-handedness.... one of many of those maternal instincts I'm thankful I learned I have.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
One Handed
Built in with our other maternal instincts, I believe moms have the natural ability to do everything with one hand. I've begun to realize ever since Miriam was born. After awhile, I suddenly began cooking, cleaning, picking up toys, carrying a purse and diaper bag all with just one hand (and Miriam in the other, of course). Usually I'm reminded of this whenever Matt comes with somewhere and I can't figure out how I normally juggled everything without him. I guess I did it somehow. I think it hit me again this morning as I was cooking breakfast. I decided to make pancakes and eggs and, of course, Miriam wanted to see every step of the action. First, it started with pouring the pancakes on the griddle and flipping them one-handed. Then, I scrambled eggs one-handed. Then, I managed to set the table, get Miriam's plate ready, and carry all the food over with my solitary hand. Granted, I had to switch sides every now and then, but she was basically attached to me this entire time.
Labels:
on being a mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you all are absolutely wonder- full, and amazing....
and multi- talented
Brings back memories. Thanks for sharing daily life.
Post a Comment