I'm posting another recipe I tried when I asked for some meal ideas. This one was definitely my hubby's favorite! I'll add a few notes at the end. Also, this is my 201st post. I guess I missed it that it was my 200th one yesterday. So, happy 201st blog post to me!
California Beef Rice Skillet Dinner
Brown 1 lb ground beef with one chopped onion. Drain. Stir in 2.5 cups water, 1 cup rice, 3 beef bouillon cubes, pepper to taste, and half tsp. dry mustard. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Add 1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh if you have on hand) and top with cheese (we like the mexican blend or jack best). My kids are picky so I don't add much else, but you can also add green pepper with the tomatoes or even Rotel or salsa instead of the tomatoes.
We used ground turkey instead of ground beef (because I typically buy ground turkey). I also ended up using chicken bouillon because that's what I had on hand. And for the tomatoes, we used salsa per Jen's suggestion. It gave it a good Mexican flair that we really liked! We'll definitely be enjoying this one again. Thanks Jen D!
No comments:
Post a Comment