Saturday, September 4, 2010

a very happy half birthday to you!

Today is Abbie's half birthday! It has become a tradition since Miriam's first half birthday (although not really a tradition, since we didn't really continue it after that first half birthday) to have some sort of dessert and do a mini-celebration. Miriam's first half birthday was celebrated on Leap Year Day 2008 with some cupcakes (that I made):


However, Miriam didn't actually eat any of the cupcakes; she simply smiled by them.
Anyway, seeing as we did something for Miriam, we thought we best continue our sort-of tradition for Abbie's half birthday, too.




And, for the second child... she gets cookies from Sam's Club. Ah well, I do what I can.
Happy Birthday dear, sweet Abbie! We are so thankful for you!

1 comment:

kachelly said...

We are so thankful for you all!
This is a great idea.... remembering their first 1/2 birthday.
You all look so happy and blessed!