Thursday, October 28, 2010

different girl, same onesie



Perhaps it's the frugalness of my nature, but I just love being able to reuse the clothes that Miriam had now for Abbie. I also enjoy remembering what Miriam was like in the same outfit and thinking back to when she was that little. Of course, the girls were born at completely different seasons (Miriam in late summer and Abbie in late winter), but I've been able to make many of the same clothes work. Plus, I figure that it'll all even out eventually as Abbie grows older and it will be even easier to have them share clothes. Being a second-born myself, I know all about hand-me-downs. But I think hand-me-downs always have such a negative connotation attached with them. I'm sure I wore plenty of my sister's clothes when I was young (and then eventually raided her closet when we were older), but I don't think it bothered me one bit. And this little girl will certainly be wearing her share of hand-me-downs, too. Especially since her big sister was showered with so many adorable outfits when she was born (being the only grandchild and great-grandchild on almost all sides helped that a bit). So, here's the first of I'm sure many pictures to come of the girls in the same outfits. Bonus points: can you tell who is who? I know they certainly don't look all that alike, but I can sure see the similarities when they're put together in the same outfit!

1 comment:

Marlea said...

wow i can't believe how much they don't look alike! but both so cute:):) I love how God makes every single person separately. If I had his job of making people, I'd get overwhelmed and just copy-paste.