Matt and I shared our four-year-anniversary yesterday together. We enjoyed spending the evening out while my parents watched the girls. We went out to eat at The Hubbell House in Mantorville, Minnesota and then toured the Mayowood Mansion in Rochester. We had a wonderful evening talking, reminiscing, dreaming, and just enjoying each other's company.
So, in thinking of what to post about our anniversary... I thought I'd write down a few things I have learned in our four years of marriage. And even though I think I've learned a lot, I know I still have much more to learn.
~ Married life is better than I thought it could be.
~ Married life can be more challenging than I thought it would be.
~ You learn all of your faults very quickly.
~ It is both a blessing and a joy to serve and be served.
~ You never really stop dating. {I love that.}
~ Even though you think you know everything about each other before you get married, you don't.
~ It is possible to fall in love with your spouse all over again.
~ Having a constant companion is wonderful.
~ Prayer for and with each other is essential.
~ God is truly the only One that can hold a marriage together.
Happy Anniversary, my wonderful husband! I am so thankful to share my life with you.
2 comments:
I am so happy for the both of you, and I know that you both have many happy years ahead! CONGRATS!!
I still remember the day you told me you loved Matt. :-) We were in my bedroom in the lodge. Crazy how much has happened since then, huh? :-) Love you!
Post a Comment