Saturday, March 30, 2013

a new decade

Tomorrow I enter into my third decade of life...and although I feel like many people dread turning 30, I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.  My twenties were FULL of about every new life change: graduating college, getting my first job, getting married, moving to a new state, having three babies and buying a house.  Of course there were many, many wonderful things that came along with that, but also a handful of challenging moments as well (starting over in a new city, pregnancies (I could list about 1,000 challenging moments that came with that alone), lack of sleep, demands of raising a preschooler, toddler and an infant, home remodeling, discovering my extreme selfishness through the incredible refining process of marriage and being a mom, wow...the list could go on and on).  I feel like I really grew a lot during that time.  And I pray I can learn just as much or more through this next decade.  Thankfully, no matter how much older I get or how many new things life will throw at me, God is faithful.  He continues to prove Himself over and over to me.  I'm excited to see where He takes me and my family in the next ten (and hopefully more!) years.  I'm thanking the Lord for my Easter birthday tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Becky...as I read this I start to cry...We are so blessed to have 3 beautiful gifts from God and have watched all of you blossom through the years. I continue to learn so much from you 3 even at my age of 52. Dad and I are excited about this new chapter in your life 30's-We LOVE YOU and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. LOVE Mom and Dad